In recent months, the Shiba Inu coin has established itself as a meme coin in the bear market, and it can remain in the top 15 cryptocurrencies by market capitalization even in difficult times. Is Shiba Inu better than Dogecoin? Let’s take a look at it in more detail.
How has the Shiba Inu price evolved in recent weeks?
Shiba Inu prices have risen significantly in recent weeks. Because the rate was still 0.000081 US dollars at the turn of the year 2022 / 2023. The increase that we saw in Bitcoin or Ethereum in the first few days of the year was still limited.
The Shiba Inu Coin continued to rise after a week. On January 14, a strong short-term rally allowed the price to break through the $0.00001 barrier. Momentum remained strong over the next few days, and the price eventually recovered to a high of $0.0001269. The Shiba Inu price has stabilized following the massive rally to this high. At the time of writing this, the SHIB price is trading at $0.00001211.
SHIB vs DOGE
SHIB and DOGE are both cryptocurrencies. SHIB is a token on the Ethereum blockchain and is part of the Shiba Inu project, while DOGE is a cryptocurrency that was created as a joke in 2013 but has since gained a significant following. Both have seen significant price volatility and should be considered high-risk investments. It’s also important to note that cryptocurrency prices can be highly speculative, and it’s important to conduct your own research and understand the risks before investing. Here are the key differences:
- Origin: SHIB is a token on the Ethereum blockchain and is part of the Shiba Inu project, while DOGE was created as a joke in 2013.
- Market capitalization: DOGE has a much higher market capitalization than SHIB. This means that DOGE is considered a more established and widely adopted cryptocurrency.
- Community: DOGE has a large and active community of supporters and investors, while SHIB is relatively new and has a smaller community.
- Use case: DOGE is often used as a form of payment and tipped on various platforms, while SHIB is mainly used as a speculative investment.
- Development: DOGE is an open-source project, with a strong and active community of developers working on it, while SHIB is developed by a small team of developers.
- Popularity: DOGE is more well-known and popular than SHIB, and has been covered by mainstream media outlets.
- Total Supply: DOGE has a fixed maximum supply, while SHIB has no maximum supply limit.
- Distribution: SHIB has a unique distribution mechanism where the initial token distribution was done by a smart contract “50% to holders of Ethereum, 20% to holders of Bitcoin, 20% to holders of Litecoin, and 10% to holders of Binance Coin”.
- Tokenomics: DOGE has no tokenomics, while SHIB has a tokenomics mechanism where 1% of all transactions are burned, and 1% is sent to a liquidity pool.
- Purpose: DOGE was created as a joke and as a fun way to tip people online, while SHIB is created as a decentralized finance (DeFi) token to be used as a store of value.
- Market Performance: DOGE has been around longer and had some impressive rallies in the past, but the price of SHIB has increased exponentially, since its launch in May 2021.
- Legal Status: DOGE is considered legal to use in most countries, but some countries have imposed restrictions on its use or have outright banned it. SHIB is also legal in most countries, but its legal status might vary depending on the country’s regulations on cryptocurrency.
Is Shiba Inu better than Dogecoin?
Dogecoin was the first known meme coin and has been in use for many years. We repeatedly see massive rallies due to speculative investments, but also sharp price drops. The Shiba Inu Coin has been a competitor since 2020. This has been positioned as a parody of Dogecoin.
Shiba Inu has risen more than Dogecoin during this time. This was, of course, because we are still in the early stages of the project’s development. This means that the risk is higher, but so are the potential profits. It is also possible that the Shiba Inu, like other meme coins, failed or saw only minor price increases.
In 2023, the Shiba Inu coin has a higher risk but potentially higher reward than the Dogecoin. Since the meme coins are considered extremely risky investments anyway, the Shiba Inu could be the “better Dogecoin”.
Should you invest in the SHIB or the DOGE?
If you want the highest possible risk in a cryptocurrency, the Shiba Inu Coin (SHIB) might be a better investment. Because this risk is currently higher with Shiba Inu than with Dogecoin. You will likely make a theoretically higher profit.
Nonetheless, many investors prefer Dogecoin because it can also experience massive rallies and has long proven itself in the meme coin category. You must decide for yourself which meme coin to use or whether the risk is worthwhile.
CLICK HERE TO TRADE SHIB OR DOGE AT BITFINEX!
Offer from CryptoTicker
Are you looking for a chart analysis tool that doesn’t distract you with community messages and other noise? Check out GoCharting! This is an easy-to-use online charting tool that requires no downloads or prior knowledge.
Click here to get a 10% discount on your first payment (monthly or yearly)!
You might also like